• Spacious accommodation
• Period Cottage
• Sleeps up to five people in 3 bedrooms
• 2 Shower rooms
• Large kitchen/diner
• Garden room
• Woodburning stoves
• Enclosed garden
• Electric Vehicle charging point
• Wi-Fi included
• Parking for 2 cars
• Area of outstanding natural beauty
• Short drive to beaches & local shops
• Pub within walking distance
• Countryside views
• Walks straight from the door
• Utilities, towels & bed-linen included
• Well behaved dogs welcome
(up to 2 dogs - £20 per week, per dog)
10% Discount* for parties of 2
* applies to all weeks apart from Late May half term & peak July/Aug weeks
About Maytime Cottage
Maytime Cottage has a large living area comprising 3 main reception rooms, a sitting room, a large open plan kitchen / dining room and a further garden room opening onto the patio and rear garden. The kitchen is fully equipped and has the benefit of washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, induction hob, electric oven and large fridge/freezer. There is a shower and WC upstairs and also a shower and WC on the ground floor. The sleeping accommodation is in 3 upstairs bedrooms. the first is a large double room with 5ft king size bed, the second is also a double room with two single beds. The third bedroom is a single room. Bed linen and towels are provided for up to five people. There is gas central heating and also wood burning stoves in the front living room and dining area for the colder times of year.
Outside there is an enclosed private rear garden which backs onto an open field. The garden is bounded by hedges, and has a patio area with seating, and a rotary washing dryer. We also provide some folding chairs for use in the garden.
For 2024 we will have a type 2 EV charging point available. If you are bringing an EV or PHEV and you'd like to use our charge point, let us know, using the general enquiry form below.
• Washing machine • Dishwasher
• Microwave • Induction hob and oven
• Fridge & freezer
Smoking is not permitted at Maytime Cottage.
Maytime Cottage - Location
Maytime Cottage is set in the valley of the River Yar between St Catherines Down to the West and Stenbury Down to the East. The area has its own unique character with some dramatic coastal scenery which we've attempted to capture in the photos of local scenery shown below.
The cottage is approximately 1.5 miles inland, just north of the villages of Whitwell & Niton. Whitwell, has a good pub and a petrol station, while Niton has a selection of local shops, two pubs and a cafe/restaurant. The victorian resort of Ventnor is approximately 4 miles away. Other local places to visit include Blackgang Chine, Appledurcombe House and Falconry Centre and St Catherine's Lighthouse.
WALKS FROM MAYTIME COTTAGE
There are many superb walks right from the door which take in some of the locations shown below. Some are short, some longer, others have epic views along the coast and feature great wildlife spotting opportunities. There are several wooded locations within walking distance where you can often see red squirrels for example. There are hundreds of footpaths, and too many great walks to list here, but these are some of our favourites and all of them start from Maytime Cottage.
These links can be used to view the routes online or follow them on the OS mobile app
A couple of pages from our visitors book from 2021 and 2022
Check prices and availability
To reserve your stay, check availability and pricing on the calendar, then fill out the enquiry form below. Prices shown here are inclusive for the rental. A £200 non returnable deposit will be requested to be paid within 7 days to secure the booking. Payments can be made by cheque or bank transfer. The balance will be due approximately 5 weeks prior to your stay. A £150 returnable security deposit will also be requested at that point. Dogs are welcome (maximum of 2 per party) subject to a charge of £20 per dog per week.
Change-over day is Saturday
Make a booking or an enquiry
1. Check availability and price of the week(s) you'd like to book (calendar above).
2. Fill out and send the booking request form (below). Once received, we will send you (by e-mail) a note to confirm availability and to request a deposit. We will attach a copy of our booking conditions.
3. On receipt of the deposit we will send you a written confirmation letter by email, confirming the dates of your holiday, the balance to pay and when it is to be paid.
4. On receipt of the balance we will send you a final confirmation letter with all the information you'll need for arrival at the cottage.
Telephone contact: 07711 807 137
Please note that 3 night short breaks are normally available in low season only. (November to April)
Thank you for your reservation enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible by email, to confirm and arrange for a deposit payment.
Make a general enquiry
Thank you for your enquiry. We will get back to you as soon as possible.